[Issue] Reboot X to have launchers back

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
Goundy

[Issue] Reboot X to have launchers back

Post by Goundy »

Hi everyone,

I migrated recently from gnome to lxde, but unfortunately I'm facing a weird problem that I can't solve.
I wanted to make my desktop looks like the gnome I had, so I created a panel at placed it in top.
Then I filled that panel with launchers of my favourite applications, all worked very good.. No problems !
But then, I noticed that every time I start up my system (Gentoo Linux) I see the top panel I created but it's empty it doesn't contain any launcher (guess what, when I right click and choose preferences I can see my launchers list -_-") and then I must reboot X to get my launchers back.
I can't continue working on lxde with that issue, I can't reboot my X after startup everytime I want to go on the internet :(

My lxde version is:
lxde-base/lxde-common-0.3.2.1
lxde-base/lxde-meta-0.3.2.1-r1

I have no idea on what more information I should provide, I'll appreciate some help :)

Thank you very much in advance

Goundy
ggr

Re: [Issue] Reboot X to have launchers back

Post by ggr »

Open LXterminal or another terminal and navigate to ~/.config/lxpanel/LXDE/panels/

rename your existing "panel" file to "orig.panel"

Create 2 files "top" and "bottom"

Download these files from: http://lxde.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ ... ls/panels/

Logout. Go to Pty-1 (Control+Alt+F1 ), login as your ID and copy the section of Plugin-> launchbar to "top", replacing any existing launchbar section.

Now, restart X and log in as your ID. This worked for me

Since LXDE is still very buggy, it is best to make backup copies of .config/lx* directories often.

One more note, if your current session is messed up and you do not want it to be persistent over logout/login, then delete directory .config/lxsession

Let us know how you fare. Thanks

-GGR