Debian LXDE on Sony C1VE Picturebook

All questions and problems regarding the installation and upgrades of LXDE from USB Stick, Live CD or Web.
gesso

Debian LXDE on Sony C1VE Picturebook

Post by gesso »

I have installed LXDE + Debian ISO CD 1 through PCMCIA drive, set network for setting later after installation. Chose Desktop, Laptop and Standard options before finalizing install. Once PCMCIA drive disconnected, installed PCMCIA wired network card, eth0 changed to eth1, but network is off. Tried to find the network manager, but seems hasn't been installed.
How can I install network manager to be able to have network access? Also once figured out this how will I be able to install synaptic and various other software? [Hardware: Sony C1VE, 128Mb Ram, 100Mb available + 12Gb harddisk]
archibald haddock

Re: Debian LXDE on Sony C1VE Picturebook

Post by archibald haddock »

Software install are to Debian. Lxde is not related with any software package system, expect it is installed form them. Debian has apt-get, so sudo apt-get install synaptic would install synaptic.

Installing network managers without network is always a "complicated" thing. You could get the .deb and his dependencies from some Debian site, viewed with another pc, and use them.
Or you can configure your network by hand, dhcp is not that difficult, by I hav eno experience with Debian networks, just look for some tutorial about network configuring for Debian.