Browsers in LXDE

All questions and problems regarding LXDE components including LXSession, LXAppearance, GPicView, Leafpad, LXTerminal, Xarchiver, LXNM to be discussed here.

For PCManFM questions, please ask in the dedicated forum below.
vanquishedangel

Browsers in LXDE

Post by vanquishedangel »

Hi, I love LXDE and have it on all my computers. I would however like to make a suggestion that the browser that is by default be changed to epiphany. It is way lighter than chrome and has alot of the functionality of the more popular browsers. The reason I would make this suggestion is one of the computers I have is a compaq armada m300. I wouldn't have ever thought of changing the default browser except the fact that it is very apparent how light on system reasources epiphany is on that computer.

I would wait forever and a day for chromium to open (like a minute and a half to 4 minutes) and then forget about playing flash. I didn't think flash was even possible on this lappy but with epiphany it is. Now I can watch youtube when I am suppsoed to be doing my college homework lol. The processor monitor on the bottom of the desktop would completely fill when opening chromium, epiphany takes about 5 lines or 1/5 of the monitor.

Anyway I use Lubuntu with LXDE installed and then I boot into the LXDE desktop. I hope you consider this suggestion and it might help further the development of Epiphany as well, not to mention that it is better integrated into the desktop than chromium as it is made for the gnome desktop and LXDE uses components from gnome.
rockdoctor

Re: Browsers in LXDE

Post by rockdoctor »

I don't believe LXDE has a default browser. Lubuntu is not LXDE
Geology - It's not rocket science, it's rock science!