LXpanel per virtual desktop customization

The standard panel of LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXPanel
mahdi1234

LXpanel per virtual desktop customization

Post by mahdi1234 »

hi there,

is there a way how to set different behavior of panel per virtual desktop? Or is it at least something on roadmap?

thanks & cheers ...
DorthyBlueBird

Re: LXpanel per virtual desktop customization

Post by DorthyBlueBird »

I think the user above and I have a similar question. So I'll just post here.

Is is POSSIBLE to set each desktop to a different wallpaper? Is it possible to program the different desktops to have different behavior... say, a different Xpanel orientation? I have been through all the menus and have not seen an obvious way to do either of these things. I like to set up different desktops for different work-flows, then have a really big obvious way to tell them apart.
I understand that the appeal of this program is it's light weight nature, but I seem to remember being able to set different wallpapers for different desktops in TWM, another window manager famous for it's light weight features. I don't mind editing files for this, btw.
It would just be nice to know if so, what they might be.

:|
Rex Bouwense

Re: LXpanel per virtual desktop customization

Post by Rex Bouwense »

It is always a good idea to start your own thread especially when you are trying to tack your commects onto one that hasn't had a response in over a half year. That being said, welcome to the LXDE Forum. I did a little research and it is apparently possible to do what you ask using Ubuntu. Unfortunately, I could not come up with a single successful comment concerning Lubuntu. Not sure what OS you are using. I can only speak about Lubuntu and the LXpanel (although it is similar in other OS). If you ever come up with a code post it here. I'm sure that there are other people that would like to have that capability. In choosing LXDE, we have to acknowledge that they are some things that we have to give up to get the light and super fast OS.
Rex