open new pcmanfm instance in new desktop?

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
scubscub

Re: open new pcmanfm instance in new desktop?

Post by scubscub »

Should I mark the thread solved then? I don't have pcmanfm anymore so I can't double check ssgross's answer.
seppalta

Post by seppalta »

It bugs me when people write "SOLVED", and there solution is to use another program. that doesn't help anyone. for the real solution:
open a terminal, and type pcmanfm -n ...
Three points, first, the "real" solution is empty for recent versions of pcmanfm, because -n is no longer an option if it ever was. See the accompanying photo. Second, newer versions of pcmanfm automatically open in new windows. Third, there is no filter in this forum on bonafide solutions. Anything reasonable can be sold, the buyer does the choosing.
Attachments
00.png
00.png (4.24 KiB) Viewed 3421 times
David

Post by David »

seppalta wrote:Three points, first, the "real" solution is empty for recent versions of pcmanfm, because -n is no longer an option if it ever was. See the accompanying photo. Second, newer versions of pcmanfm automatically open in new windows. Third, there is no filter in this forum on bonafide solutions. Anything reasonable can be sold, the buyer does the choosing.
Hi seppalta. In pcmanfm 1.1.0 there s a '-n' option. 'pcmanfm' opens a new instance by default, but 'pcmanfm path' opens a new tab (even if pcmanfm was opened in another desktop), so the '-n' option is very useful for open the applications menu, trash, computer, etc.