lxdecc control center - want to install it in Lubuntu 11.10

All questions and problems regarding LXDE components including LXSession, LXAppearance, GPicView, Leafpad, LXTerminal, Xarchiver, LXNM to be discussed here.

For PCManFM questions, please ask in the dedicated forum below.
sdep777

lxdecc control center - want to install it in Lubuntu 11.10

Post by sdep777 »

PC Linux has lxdecc which is the control center and I love it , but it is not in Lubuntu, and I prefer using Lubuntu, So is lxdecc available and does anyone have a link for it. I looked in Synaptic pkg manager and did not find it. Also the lxdecc for Pc Linux is an RPM pkg. and I would need it for Ubuntu/Debian.

Thank you anyone for help on this, if you have ever used the lxdecc control center you know why I want it..........it's great !!
rokytnji

Re: lxdecc control center - want to install it in Lubuntu 11

Post by rokytnji »

sdep777 wrote:PC Linux has lxdecc which is the control center and I love it , but it is not in Lubuntu, and I prefer using Lubuntu, So is lxdecc available and does anyone have a link for it. I looked in Synaptic pkg manager and did not find it. Also the lxdecc for Pc Linux is an RPM pkg. and I would need it for Ubuntu/Debian.

Thank you anyone for help on this, if you have ever used the lxdecc control center you know why I want it..........it's great !!
http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/topic ... tegration/

4th post down explains using Alien to convert rpm lxdecc package to a .deb for Crunchbang Openbox. It Should work for Lubuntu also.
Amrel RT 786ex 1.6ghz, 512MB ram , AntiX 8.5 core, Biker Linux user # 475019
Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
My AntiX LXDE Install
seppalta

Re: lxdecc control center - want to install it in Lubuntu 11

Post by seppalta »

First, I admit that I have never used lxdecc, but it appears that everything lxdecc offers and more is already easily accessible with Customize, Openbox Config, Screensaver, Keyboard & Mouse - all in Preferences (Main Menu) - and Pcmanfm's taskar's Edit/Preferences. Wallpaper GUI is launched by putting sudo pcmanfm --desktop-pref in the terminal.
For help with Alien, see http://lxlinux.com.