Icons from start menu disappear.How refresh all.

The standard panel of LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXPanel
biscotte

Icons from start menu disappear.How refresh all.

Post by biscotte »

Hello I notes I'm active on the forum since my registration but I'm frustred because I doesn't appear as a registering member but always as a guest :x
Also I continue my customisation steb-by-step and to solve problems.I clarify I'm reading all documentations and wikis about LXDE (official;archlinux,ubuntu wikis and forums etc...)before posting (that's for users whose believe I don't look for solutions ;)
My currently problem is all my start menu icons disappeared.All categories and programs don't have their own icon.Of course I can replace them manually with .desktop files but it's fastidious and I don't set about menu customisation now.I read in Main menu wiki that an automatic solution exists.But I don't know how to apply it.Can you explain me please :
Refreshing the Menu

In order to refresh the menu you can use this script taken from the LXPanel page:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash

killall lxpanel
find ~/.cache/menus -name '*' -type f -print0 | xargs -0 rm
lxpanel -p LXDE &
Does I type this code in terminal or edit?(personnaly I think it' edit because it's a script.Right :roll: )Stupid question.
Should I add this file to another file?What's?(lxde-desktop-preferences.desktop for example?).Or create it only and add to my ~/.config/openbox/autostart ?
I still clarify I'm new linux's user.I succeed in installing a fully working distrib after 6 war's month with my PC (I try Fédora 16,Debian Squeeze,OpenSuse11.3,CentOs 6 all about KDE I hate Gnome :cry: )
So be lenient :mrgreen:
"La connerie est la décontraction de l'intelligence" - Pierre Desproges
Rex Bouwense

Re: Icons from start menu disappear.How refresh all.

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Please do not double post. Duplicate post has been deleted. Thank you.
Rex
seppalta

Post by seppalta »

I'm active on the forum since my registration but I'm frustred because I doesn't appear as a registering member but always as a guest :x
Bear with us for awhile. All of us are being frustrated as we try to get this Forum working properly and pleasantly again. It takes time to correct years of neglect. We are making headway. Notice the spam is gone!

I'm not clear as to what your panel problem is exactly. You can generally recover a vanished panel by putting

Code: Select all

lxpanelctl restart
in the terminal. Otherwise, you might have a look athttp://lxlinux.com/#4 to see if there is something useful there. I personally prefer the Tint2 Panel, and just keep the Lxpanel for launching the menu, but that is another story. Cheers,
biscotte

Post by biscotte »

ok thanks for infos and help.I agree with forum's philosophy to bannish spam and to get forum constructive and friendly.It's evident for me.I thought to use tint2 as a panel too but for the moment i concentrate about menu.Let's cross that bridge when we come to it.Cheers.
"La connerie est la décontraction de l'intelligence" - Pierre Desproges