PCManFM 0.9.10 - "move" behavior same as "copy"

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
pcdudefm

PCManFM 0.9.10 - "move" behavior same as "copy"

Post by pcdudefm »

THE PROBLEM:

"Move" behavior is the same as "copy"; meaning, the supposed moved files/folders stay in their original location.

MY SYSTEM:

I'm using Debian Wheezy and have a minimal LXDE install.

I have only installed the following LXDE components: pcmanfm lxde-common lxpanel openbox lxappearance lxde-icon-theme lxinput lxrandr lxsession-edit lxshortcut lxtask obconf.

PCManFM version is 0.9.10 using udisks (no gvfs).

PCManFM line in /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart is: @pcmanfm --desktop
pcdudefm

Re: PCManFM 0.9.10 - "move" behavior same as "copy"

Post by pcdudefm »

I tried Debian Sid but unfortunately the same thing happened (same version PCManFM 0.9.10).

On my other computer I have Ubuntu Precise (LXDE install as well) and PCManFM 0.9.10 does not exhibit said behavior.

I wonder what causes this behavior in Debian. I have very similar way of installing LXDE on both distros.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Since the described behavior does not occur in Precise with lxde I would look for something in Debian where the problems seems to occur. You are aware of course that PCManFM has been updated to version 1.0.1 and once again to 1.1.0. Not sure if that has anything to do with anything because on my systems (Lubuntu 12.04 with 0.9.0, Lubuntu 12.10 with 1.0.1, and 13.04 with 1.1.0) cut and paste and copy and paste work correctly.
Rex
LStranger

Post by LStranger »

That weird behavior was placed into wheezy version of pcmanfm intentionally to prevent data loss. That nightmare is over though because pcmanfm 1.1.x enters debian.
Debian sid now got version 1.1.2, it isn't installable right now, just wait until libfm-1.1.2 come from NEW into sid.