lxpanel compatibilty startup notify openbox ?

The standard panel of LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXPanel
jeanclaude

lxpanel compatibilty startup notify openbox ?

Post by jeanclaude »

I am trying to get startup notification with lxde/openbox. Thats mean that I want to be notify with the cursor that an application is being launched whenever i use the menu from lxpanel. Is it possible ?
Lew_Rockwell_fan

Re: lxpanel compatibilty startup notify openbox ?

Post by Lew_Rockwell_fan »

I can't help you much, but since it's an old post with no responses, I'll leave a few thoughts you might find useful if you still check this occasionally.
I want to be notify with the cursor that an application is being launched
That's not clear to me. Does it mean you want the cursor in a terminal emulater or a mounse pointer to blink or something like that? Possibly this is why you got no answers. The objective is unclear.

Anyway, there is a file ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml. Near the bottom, there's an application section. If you haven't modified it I think it may have only a commented out example in that section to begin with. I thnk that putting something like

Code: Select all

<application name="*" type="normal">
    <focus>yes</focus>
 </application>
right after the example MAY, repeat MAY, cause any application to get focus when it starts. I'm not sure that will serve your pupose. I'm not even sure it will work. I'm having trouble with that file myself.
LStranger

Re: lxpanel compatibilty startup notify openbox ?

Post by LStranger »

Startup notifications are implemented for LXPanel in version 0.7.0 which was released a day ago. Try it and enjoy. :)