LXPanel Plugin Development Libraries

Discussion on LXDE releases and Development. This forum is not the best way to contact the developers, please use the Development mailing list and Sourceforge to interact with them.
DMSimone

LXPanel Plugin Development Libraries

Post by DMSimone »

Hi, I'm looking to start developing lxpanel plugins. I've read through the how to's but have hit a problem... I don't have the proper libraries installed to compile my source code. I'm currently running Raspbian but can switch to OS X if necessary. Thanks.
Frank

Re: LXPanel Plugin Development Libraries

Post by Frank »

DMSimone wrote:Hi, I'm looking to start developing lxpanel plugins. I've read through the how to's but have hit a problem... I don't have the proper libraries installed to compile my source code. I'm currently running Raspbian but can switch to OS X if necessary. Thanks.
It is great to learn that you plan to develop lxpanel plugins. I am sorry to hear that you have hit a problem. Too bad that you don't have the proper libraries installed to compile your source code. But it is good to know (for all of us) that you can switch from Raspbian to OS X if necessary. Good luck with your future endeavors. You're welcome.

Oh wait ... did you perhaps try to ask a question? If yes, which one?
LStranger

Re: LXPanel Plugin Development Libraries

Post by LStranger »

The LXPanel plugins development was made much easier in latest version (0.7.0). The simplest plugin which displays static image or text can be only 10 lines long, and it does not require any of the LXPanel sources. Read the quick guide http://wiki.lxde.org/en/How_to_write_pl ... or_LXPanel to learn it, please.