RE: Read this first if you want to report a bug or send a pa

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
LambdaFox

RE: Read this first if you want to report a bug or send a pa

Post by LambdaFox »

I just read this thread. I reported two bugs the other day, but I did not use this method.

I used ubuntu-bug as per these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/ReportingBugs

Should I also use the method posted here? Or in the future should I only use the method here? Please advise what is the difference?

Thank you.
Linux noobie -Tech Oldie - Migrating from Years w XP + Classic Desktop to Lubuntu 14.04
Rex Bouwense

Re: RE: Read this first if you want to report a bug or send

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Yes, confusing isn't it. Obviously you are using Lubuntu which uses LXDE as do 40 + other Operating systems. If the bug has to do with Lubuntu which has Ubuntu as its base then you went to the correct place. However, if the bug has anything to do with the Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment (LXDE) then the bugs or future requests should go to Source Forge. Since I never know which component is the culprit, I report to Source Forge. I am not sure that I explained that as good as I should have. Because of the configuration of LXDE each application has few dependencies. That I believe is one of the reasons for the speed. Of course the eye candy suffers just a bit.
Rex