USB Stick is not detecting on Lubuntu!

Problems with hardware & laptops not being detected or supported during or after install.
MohammedHill

USB Stick is not detecting on Lubuntu!

Post by MohammedHill »

Hello everyone. I installed Lubuntu on Virtual Box on a Windows 10 Computer. But it is not detecting my USB stick. Can anyone help me to solve this issue? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I solved the USB issue with some help from this guide.
Last edited by MohammedHill on Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rex Bouwense

Re: USB Stick is not detecting on Lubuntu!

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Since Lubuntu has not used LXDE since 2018, I am assuming that you have the LXQT desktop environment. Recommend that you go to the Lubuntu discourse, https://discourse.lubuntu.me/latest, for a solution to your problem.
Rex
dannabakir

Re: USB Stick is not detecting on Lubuntu!

Post by dannabakir »

If your USB stick is not being detected on Lubuntu, you can try the following steps:

1. Check the physical connection: Ensure that the USB stick is properly inserted into a functioning USB port.

2. Restart the computer: Sometimes, simply rebooting the computer can resolve detection issues.

3. Inspect the USB stick: Test the USB stick on another computer to rule out hardware problems.

4. Check the USB port: Try plugging other devices into the same USB port to determine if the issue is with the port itself.

5. Use the 'lsblk' command: Open a terminal and run the 'lsblk' command to list connected storage devices. Look for your USB stick and its mount point.

6. Reformat or repair: If the USB stick is recognized but not accessible, you may need to reformat it or run disk repair utilities.

7. USB drivers: Ensure that the necessary USB drivers are installed on your Lubuntu system.

8. Power management: Disable USB power-saving settings in the system preferences to prevent the system from turning off USB ports to save power.

9. USB stick compatibility: Some USB sticks may not be compatible with certain Linux distributions. Try using a different USB stick to see if it works.

10. System updates: Ensure your Lubuntu system is up-to-date with the latest software and kernel updates, as this can sometimes resolve compatibility issues.

If none of these solutions work, there may be a more complex issue with your Lubuntu installation or hardware, and further troubleshooting may be necessary.