Unmute audio from keyboard

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
yaiko

Unmute audio from keyboard

Post by yaiko »

I'm new testing Arch with LXDE... when I try press mute from the keyboard the audio mutes but then I press again and it doesn't unmute, I know i could use xbindkey or a hotkey (with pactl) for unmute but this seems to be a bug of the WM that needs to be fixed, I'm using pulseaudio only and LXDE.

Thanks.
markhubbard

Re: Unmute audio from keyboard

Post by markhubbard »

yaiko wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:51 am I'm new testing Arch with LXDE... when I try press mute from the keyboard the audio mutes but then I press again and it doesn't unmute, I know i could use xbindkey or a hotkey (with pactl) for unmute but this seems to be a bug of the WM that needs to be fixed, I'm using pulseaudio only and LXDE.
rooftop snipers
Thanks.
I had the same problem, adding this keybind the mute button (in XFCE keyboard settings) fixed it:

Code: Select all

amixer -D pulse set Master Playback Switch toggle
boundary

Post by boundary »

yaiko wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:51 am I'm new testing Arch with LXDE... when I try press mute from the keyboard the audio mutes but then I press again and it doesn't unmute, I know i could use xbindkey or a hotkey (with pactl) for unmute but this seems to be a bug of the WM that needs to be fixed, I'm using pulseaudio only and LXDE.

Thanks. basketball stars
Open the LXDE settings menu and locate the keyboard or keybinding settings. Look for the keybinding associated with the mute function and verify that it is correctly configured. Ensure that the keybinding is set to toggle the mute state, rather than just muting the audio.
lauryfriese

Post by lauryfriese »

Thanks.Hello Neighbor
Me too. I noticed that with pulse-audio the keyboard key mutes the sound correctly, but fails to unmute the sound.