Cloudflare tunnel not working with LXDE

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
pentium423

Cloudflare tunnel not working with LXDE

Post by pentium423 »

Hi guys, I’m new to Cloudflare and Linux.

I tried using Cloudflare tunnel to remote access my Virtualbox running Debian 12.

However, I have the following issue when running it on LXDE.

When I run the docker code as shown in the Cloudflare screen [docker run -d --name cloudflared cloudflare/cloudflared:latest tunnel --no-autoupdate run --token]. I will lose my internet connection when the daemon starts.

After which, I tried to troubleshoot and test it on KDE Plasma.

I did 2 fresh install on my VirtualBox. One on KDE plasma and the other on LXDE. And I did exactly the same steps. Installing docker and then setting up the Cloudflare tunnel. The one on KDE plasma runs without any issues at all and I’m able to remote access it via the cloudflare tunnel. But the one with LXDE again loses connection once I start the docker run [docker run -d --name cloudflared cloudflare/cloudflared:latest tunnel --no-autoupdate run --token]

Anyone can help or with similar experience? I want to be using LXDE instead of KDE plasma
michelleseifert

Re: Cloudflare tunnel not working with LXDE

Post by michelleseifert »

pentium423 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:59 am Hi guys, I’m new to Cloudflare and Linux.

I tried using Cloudflare tunnel to remote access my Virtualbox running Debian 12.

However, I have the following issue when running it on LXDE.

When I run the docker code as shown in the Cloudflare screen [docker run -d --name cloudflared cloudflare/cloudflared:latest tunnel --no-autoupdate run --token]. I will lose my internet connection when the daemon starts.

bloxd io
I did 2 fresh install on my VirtualBox. One on KDE plasma and the other on LXDE. And I did exactly the same steps. Installing docker and then setting up the Cloudflare tunnel. The one on KDE plasma runs without any issues at all and I’m able to remote access it via the cloudflare tunnel. But the one with LXDE again loses connection once I start the docker run [docker run -d --name cloudflared cloudflare/cloudflared:latest tunnel --no-autoupdate run --token]

Anyone can help or with similar experience? I want to be using LXDE instead of KDE plasma
One possible solution is to disable the network manager on LXDE and use a static IP address instead. You can follow these steps:
Edit the file /etc/network/interfaces and add these lines:

Code: Select all

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.1.100 # change this to your desired IP address
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1 # change this to your router's IP address
dns-nameservers 1.1.1.1 8.8.8.8 # use Cloudflare and Google DNS servers
Save the file and restart the network service:

sudo service networking restart
Disable the network manager:

sudo service network-manager stop
sudo update-rc.d network-manager disable
Restart your system and try running the Cloudflare tunnel again. Hope it can help.
llucklinn

Post by llucklinn »

Make sure that your system's firewall or security software is not blocking the necessary connections for Cloudflare Tunnel. You may need to configure your firewall to allow the Tunnel connections. Watermelon Game
IrvingKotzen

Post by IrvingKotzen »

pentium423 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:59 am Hi guys, I’m new to Cloudflare and Linux.

However, I have the following issue when running it on LXDE. rice purity test

Ensure that your LXDE system has a stable internet connection before starting the Cloudflare Tunnel. You can try to ping external servers or websites to verify connectivity.