Just a quick question

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
OldGrouch

Just a quick question

Post by OldGrouch »

I just now registered for this forum. I have installed WattOS R12 on 2 of my laptops. I really like what I have seen so far. I went to the WattOS forum, but before I registered I noticed quite a few threads about how they moved their REAL forum to Discord. There were a few guys and gals that said they have been unable to login because every time they try, they get a message that they have to have a text sent to their cell phones for verification. I refuse to mess with something like that. I don't like ANY of the social disease websites, as I call them. It seems really weird to me that a Linux distro would place all of their users data and security in jeopardy.

Anyway, while searching for some place I could ask questions without having to mess with a social site, I found this forum. Shouldn't I be able to get most, if not all, my questions about WattOS answered here?

Looking forward to reading comments. Thanks in advance.
I'm an old grouch. My level of grouchiness depends on the level of stupidity I see. :x
Rex Bouwense

Re: Just a quick question

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE Forums. We are a small forum and it may take a while for your question about LXDE to be answered. We of course are not operating system specific. For questions about your particular operating system, you probably need to go else where. For questions about your desktop environment (LXDE), this is the correct place. The number of operating systems using LXDE has decreased but there are still a goodly number of them out there.
Rex
henryjamess

Re: Just a quick question

Post by henryjamess »

OldGrouch wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:34 pm I just now registered for this forum. I have installed WattOS R12 on 2 of my laptops. I really like what I have seen so far. I went to the WattOS forum, but before I registered I noticed quite a few threads about how they moved their REAL forum to Discord. There were a few guys and gals that said they have been unable to login because every time they try, they get a message that they have to have a text sent to their cell phones for verification. I refuse to mess with something like that. I don't like ANY of the social disease websites, as I call them. It seems really weird to me that a Linux distro would place all of their users data and security in jeopardy.

Anyway, while searching for some place I could ask questions without having srd to mess with a social site, I found this forum. Shouldn't I be able to get most, if not all, my questions about WattOS answered here?

Looking forward to reading comments. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum! It's great to have you here. You've made a wise choice by installing WattOS R12 on your laptops and enjoying your experience so far. It's understandable that you have concerns about the move to Discord for the official forum, especially with the requirement for cell phone verification. It's important to prioritize your own preferences and privacy. Rest assured, this forum should provide a suitable alternative for asking questions and seeking assistance regarding WattOS. Our community is filled with knowledgeable and friendly members who are passionate about helping each other. Feel free to ask any questions you have, and I'm confident that you'll receive helpful responses from fellow users. We're here to support you on your WattOS journey. Looking forward to hearing more from you and joining in the discussions. Happy exploring!