How to clear the icon cache in bash?

The standard panel of LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXPanel
framp

How to clear the icon cache in bash?

Post by framp »

I want to refresh an icon used in a desktop file in my raspiBackup installer written in bash. The OS is RaspbianOS which uses LXDE.
Unfortunately the icon displayed on the desktop doesn't change when the icon is updated. If I restart the OS the updated icon is displayed. I searched in the net how I can refresh the icon cache on LXDE but unfortunately didn't find any hint. Would be great if I get a pointer or even the command I can use to clear the icon cache :D .
Clarar

Re: How to clear the icon cache in bash?

Post by Clarar »

framp wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:54 am I want to refresh an icon used in a desktop file in my raspiBackup installer written in bash. The OS is RaspbianOS which uses LXDE.
Unfortunately the icon displayed on the desktop doesn't change when the icon is updated. If I restart the OS the updated icon is displayed. I searched in the net how I can refresh the icon cache on LXDE but unfortunately didn't find any hint. Would be great if I get a pointer or even the command I can use to clear the icon cache :D .
"In RaspbianOS, updating icons on LXDE can be challenging. You might want to think about using lxpanelctl restart or manually editing the icon file and restarting LXDE to erase the icon cache.GB whatsapp Apk