Got my LXDE stuck

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
ab1jx

Got my LXDE stuck

Post by ab1jx »

This is on a Raspberry Pi with Buster. I was working on something else and somehow I enabled 2 network manager buttons at once and now neither works, the network doesn't work, and I'm on a different machine (a Chromebook). The labels on the buttons are slightly different (Network Status Monitor and Manage Networks) so I was curious but now the machine is useless, even after a reboot.

How can I undefine at least one of these buttons and make it work again?

Alan
ab1jx

Re: Got my LXDE stuck

Post by ab1jx »

At first I thought it should be simple to fix by just deleting my config files and letting it revert to defaults. But I was logged in as root. I think there is still a set but not in a normal place.
DaltonFrench

Post by DaltonFrench »

For problems with network management buttons on the graphical interface, you can check the processes and logs related to the graphical interface using commands such as ps or journalctlpumpkin panic.
ab1jx

Post by ab1jx »

I have 2 pairs of identical buttons for the network stuff, they don't do anything. Not much works at all. I swapped out the SD card and booted into something else for now. I can still read it when it isn't booted. It's like 2 processes are fighting each other. Not even sure top or ps work. I can recover files from it still.

Wish I could do a screenshot but I'd need to use a camera. Some of the buttons have red Xes, it's very unhappy. Some things I click respond after a few seconds, most don't seem to at all. I do screenshots with xwd and don't have a button defined so I need to call it from a terminal. Haven't seen one of those in weeks on there.
boundary

Post by boundary »

ab1jx wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:59 pm This is on a Raspberry Pi with Buster. I was working on something else and somehow I enabled 2 network manager buttons at once and now neither works, the network doesn't work, and I'm on a different machine (a Chromebookgeometry dash online). The labels on the buttons are slightly different (Network Status Monitor and Manage Networks) so I was curious but now the machine is useless, even after a reboot.

How can I undefine at least one of these buttons and make it work again?

Alan
Have you checked the logs related to the graphical interface?
ab1jx

Post by ab1jx »

I don't know, it was just an SD which I could still copy things from when booted from something else. It was a big deal for a few days, it's somewhere in a pile of them now.