connection problem

Having problems getting connected to the internet or getting your wireless card to work? Ask here.
hebepao

connection problem

Post by hebepao »

Hi!

I have a acer aspire one and search a good entorn deskpot, meet a lxde and is fine for me i work good the first time after for use again i can not connect, said no exist the interface i verify the configuration is ok, and said idle but i can not enter to configuration, use the networking at hme or the wireless.

i want use lxde i hope your help for can connect.
Chriswaterguy

Me too - and it looks like an OpenBox problem

Post by Chriswaterguy »

I have a connection problem also. At first wifi was fine on LXDE, then after a couple of days I started getting problems. (It worked for a while when I brought it close to the modem, but the next day even that didn't work.) So I rebooted and tried Gnome, and it worked.

The Gnome window manager didn't work, so now I've just booted up with Gnome and OpenBox. The WM and the wireless are both working at the moment.

Edit: I've just discovered that I can run in only Openbox, which I guess is like LXDE without the actual desktop, therefore even lighter! This is awesome - I'd rather have the option of using LXDE, but this is a great lightweight backup, and I have no problem with wifi.

Edit 2: Since then I've found that whether I'm in LXDE or just Openbox, it's okay at for a while, but then the network can just die, and I have to restart the machine. At the moment it's going well - I've been going for a few days in LXDE without turning off (suspending when not in use) and it's fine. I haven't found any problem with GNOME + Openbox, but maybe I haven't used it enough. When I was using Mandriva 2009.0 with standard GNOME, for about a week before installing LXDE, I didn't have a problem at all.