Reduce mouse scrolling

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
schmidtbag

Reduce mouse scrolling

Post by schmidtbag »

I was wondering if it was possible to reduce the amount of spaces/lines mouse scrolling affects in LXDE. From what I've come across in my research, its usually either program specific or something that only GNOME and KDE can do. the xorg.conf I heard used to be able to do it but it doesn't seem to work anymore. I don't like how much the screen moves when scrolling in any program considering how tiny my screen resolution is.
My LXDE setup:
Asus EEE PC 900, 900MHz Celeron, 1GB of RAM, Intel integrated graphics, 16GB SSD
Rex Bouwense

Re: Reduce mouse scrolling

Post by Rex Bouwense »

I have Lubuntu on my Eee PC 1000 and am using a Logitech wireless mouse. My center wheel scrolls 3 lines at a time. I'm not sure if it can be reduced or increased.

After some googling I came up with this:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ManyButtonsMouseHowto
I'm not sure that it describes what you want to do though. Sorry.
Rex
schmidtbag

Post by schmidtbag »

I'm assuming you're referring to the imwheel section of that page. The only thing is, does this REPLACE the function of the scroll wheel or does it just add to it? For example, if I used the scroll wheel and I tell it do simulate the letter "Q", will it scroll the page and type Q or will it just type Q and do nothing else? The reason I ask is because I already have xbindkeys running and you can use that to add functionality to mice buttons, but its strictly just adding functionality not replacing.
My LXDE setup:
Asus EEE PC 900, 900MHz Celeron, 1GB of RAM, Intel integrated graphics, 16GB SSD
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

OK. After more googling (I'm not sure that is a word), what you imply is correct. It only adds and not changes. You can however change the mouse activity in Firefox. That does not solve your problem when not using your web browser.
Rex
schmidtbag

Post by schmidtbag »

well, i want this to be a system-wide change and I also don't use firefox.
My LXDE setup:
cbhattarai

Post by cbhattarai »

yes you can change the seetting by Control Panel...
schmidtbag

Post by schmidtbag »

cbhattarai wrote:yes you can change the seetting by Control Panel...
i don't have a "control panel". i'm using debian, not suse or ubuntu.
My LXDE setup: